NZ TRAINING ASSESSMENTS : Ph 0800244666
NZQA Registered Private Training Establishment and NZ Transport Agency Approved Training Provider.
INFORMATION FOR TRAINEES
Please find below some important information you should read before attending course.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 everyone is responsible for workplace health and safety.
Trainees must comply with all safety procedures that relate to any training being conducted by:
- Following safety instructions given.
- Wearing and using appropriate safety clothing and equipment during training in accordance with Worksafe NZ regulations and instructions of our training team.
- Not being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
All practical training is subject to cancellation in the event of unsafe conditions or adverse weather. Our training team will make any decisions necessary relating to this in consultation with trainees.
Respect for others
There will be other people on your course. Please respect the rights of other people by refraining from:
- Inappropriate language, acts or gestures
- Harassment of any form
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Smoking is not permitted during any practical sessions.
Course start and finish times must be adhered to.
- Latecomers will only be accepted at the discretion of our training team.
- Trainees leaving early may be treated as not having successfully completed the course.
If following a verbal warning, or warnings, a trainee continues to fail to adhere to any of the above policies this may result in the trainee being required to leave a course.
Car Parking Limited
Car parking is available on site. Please confirm parking arrangements with our training team prior to course.
Information for Trainees
For all driving related or Driver Licence/Endorsement related courses all trainees must produce a current and valid driver licence. If this is not available to our training team trainees may not be permitted to complete courses. This will be treated as a withdrawal.
Any requirement, such as a minimum Driver Licence requirements, will be advised prior to registration.
These will be advised on registration.
- Tea/coffee and biscuits are provided during morning, lunch, afternoon and evening breaks.
- Meals are not provided – trainees are advised to bring lunch with them as shops and cafes are some distance away.
- Please advise our team (in confidence) before the start of the course of any physical or learning difficulties you, or in the case of employers, your employee, may have e.g difficulty reading or writing.
Welfare and Support Services
Details of a variety of welfare and support services are available from your trainer.
- Where the course fee is $500 or less the full fee is due on registration for the course.
- Where the course fee exceeds $500 then $500 must be paid on registration with balance being paid no later than seven days before class.
- Pre-course material will not be supplied without payment being received.
If you are unable to attend the course, the following applies:
- More than 2 weeks before course = Full refund less cost of any resource material.
- Less than 2 weeks before course including non-appearance or non completion= No refund
Please note special circumstances will always be considered and re-bookings will be taken into account.
Should NZ Training Assessments Ltd cancel a course for any reason:
- No fee will be charged where NZ Training Assessments cancels a course (except where material is not returned in an unused and original condition.)
The opportunity for re-assessment is available if the trainee doesn’t achieve competence in a particular unit standard, or part of a unit.
Please talk to our training team about re-assessment requests.
- Normally a maximum of 1 re-assessment will be permitted on the same assessment paper.
- No additional charges will apply for theory re-assessments.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) or current competency (RCC)
If you are undertaking assessment against NZQA unit standards; assessment by RPL or RCC may be available. Please ask our training team for information. Please note though that:
- Due to safety reasons of driver related qualifications there are considerable restrictions on RPL and RCC.
- RCC or RPL is not permitted in respect of Driver Licence or Endorsement related courses.
If you consider that any judgement relating to your assessment is unfair please:
- Discuss with our training team.
- If you are still not satisfied please appeal in writing within 7 days to the Operations Manager, NZ Training Assessments, PO Box 57005, Mt Roskill or email email@example.com
- If still not satisfied, and if training is related to NZQA qualifications, appeal by completing the appropriate form and submitting with any required appeal fee within 30days of the assessment to the appropriate Industry Training Organisation or NZQA body.
Complaints arising from any course should be directed to:
- NZ Training Assessments Ltd on 0800244666.
- If you are still not satisfied, please send to Operations Manager, NZ Training Assessments, PO Box 57005, Mt Roskill or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If still not satisfied, and if training is related to NZQA qualifications, please contact NZQA on 0800697296 or complete the on line complaints form at www.nzqa.govt.nz
Please complete and return course evaluation forms. Your feedback is invaluable to us in helping provide you with quality courses.
For more information on NZ Training Assessments or our courses visit:
or call us on 0800244666.